Silvanus – Exclusive Cornish Weddings by the Sea in Cornwall
Create a bespoke coastal wedding by the sea at this unique and majestic Cornish property, built with celebration in mind. With stunning vistas over the characterful village of Mevagissey and plenty of space for your nearest and dearest, Silvanus provides the perfect backdrop for your dream wedding day.
- The Venue A spacious, luxuriously-restored coastal property in Cornwall, boasting stunning gardens with a distinct Mediterranean feel and facilities to keep all of your guests entertained. No marquee is required- Silvanus is perfect for a celebration to remember all under one roof, meaning the Cornish weather won't be guiding your day!
- The Accommodation The property itself sleeps up to 14 guests, with an additional hideaway for two in the private Honeymoon Suite, just a short stroll from the main house. The perfect place for the happy couple to celebrate their special day, the suite features an en-suite shower, dressing room, wood burner and a balcony with views that stretch across the village to the harbour. For larger parties the adjacent property Skippers can also be booked in conjunction with Silvanus, sleeping an additional 10 guests.
- The Grounds A stunning backdrop for any wedding, Silvanus offers two acres of enclosed landscaped gardens with spectacular coastal views. Spill out onto the lawn for photographs or celebrate with champagne and nibbles around the private outdoor pool (pool is open from Easter to 3rd October unless by special arrangement).
- The Ceremony Silvanus benefits from a civil ceremony licence allowing couples the ease and luxury of carrying out their legal ceremony at the same venue as the celebrations. The gazebo in the garden is the perfect spot for summer ceremonies with stunning views, whilst up to 50 of your nearest and dearest can occupy the inner hall for an intimate indoor ceremony whatever the weather. There is a charge of £500 for civil ceremonies held at Silvanus (please note that no more than 50 guests are permitted to attend the ceremony).
- The Reception Extending a warm welcome to the additional evening guests following your intimate day time civil ceremony, host your celebrations in the house which can cater for up to 100 people. Strut your stuff in the Disco Room, or opt for a more refined affair in the manicured gardens- just imagine those views!
- The Cuisine Silvanus features an extra kitchen towards the back of the house where a team of caterers can beaver away leaving you and your guests to relax in style. The ambitious amongst you may choose to self-cater and create a feast using old family favourite recipes. We can recommend local caterers on request (catering is at an additional cost). Choose anything from a formal sit down meal to a more relaxed hog roast or vintage high tea.
- The Wine Choose from one of the many local suppliers or alternatively bring along your own for that personal touch.
- The Entertainment Whether you dream of a simple string quartet to serenade your guests by the pool or a rousing Cornish folk band to get everyone on their feet, your needs can be catered for at Silvanus. With the in-house Disco Hall complete with DJ booth, multi-media sound equipment, and soundproofed walls you can spin your favourite tunes and dance the night away.
- The Facilities With facilities to suit all ages, you can rest assured that your wedding guests will be entertained for the duration of your stay. Take a celebratory dip in the heated outdoor pool or work off pre-wedding jitters on the all-weather tennis court. Kids will love challenging their parents to a game of cricket or croquet on the lawn, while the disco hall, snooker room and games room are sure to take care of everyone else.
- Pricing A minimum three night stay is required for all weddings at Silvanus. In addition to the standard rental charges, a venue hire charge will apply; £1000 for up to 50 guests, and £2000 for up to 100 guests. For couples requiring a civil ceremony at Silvanus, an additional £500 will be applicable (£600 in 2014). The required registrar fees are payable to Cornwall Council directly- please ask if you need further guidance.
- Restrictions We must insist that garden celebrations end at midnight in order to respect our neighbours. However, the party can continue on into the Disco Hall in the main house which (providing doors and windows are kept closed) is completely soundproofed and built with celebrations in mind! No guests are permitted to use the swimming pool after 9pm.