Frequently asked questions
- Why use Unique Homestays?
- How does your property finding service work?
- How quickly will you be able to provide me with results?
- I have seen a property for sale online, can you give me advice on whether it would be suitable?
- If I opt for the search agency option, how do they source a property?
- Do I need a minimum budget in order for you to assist?
- Can you help me with interior design and landscaping too?
Why use Unique Homestays?
With 20 years of experience within the luxury accommodation market we understand what our guests are looking for, which properties consistently prove popular, and can identify those properties that will maximise your return effectively. We only select properties that we are confident will be successful for both you, and us. On rare occasions when lifestyle changes dictate, existing property owners will sell their homes as ongoing businesses. Whether owners opt to undertake a private sale, solely relying on us to introduce buyers or if they decide to work with an estate agent, we are the first to know and can notify those looking for the perfect investment property.
How does your property finding service work?
There are three ways in which we can help you to find a property with portfolio potential.
1. You are welcome to send the details of properties you find from your own research. If it has portfolio potential, we will provide suggestions on how to maximise appeal, along with an annual revenue projection. Should you wish us to visit, we will provide a detailed report inclusive of works required, contacts of the interior designer best suited for the project and a bespoke pricing structure so you can understand what tariffs could be achieved per week and per short break across the seasons. We charge a visit fee of £250, though this is refunded once the property joins the portfolio.
2. You can join our in-house database (provided your budget is in excess of £500,000) and if we see a property that meets your criteria, we will be in touch. These alerts could feature existing portfolio properties whereby the owners are selling or they might be homes we’ve seen on the market and are worthy of sharing. There is no registration fee, however, should you purchase a property we introduce, we charge 0.75% of the purchase price.
3. For a more focused, bespoke search, we work with regional property search agents who benefit from location specific knowledge, regularly speaking with estate agents to hear about property sales before they come onto the market. We are able to offer this option if you are looking in a specific area and have a budget in excess of £800,000. If a property introduced by a search agent is of interest, we will visit free of charge and provide a full report. We work closely throughout the process, but the contract for this service lies between yourself and the search agent.
How quickly will you be able to provide me with results?
This is dependent on your property requirements and market availability therefore the timeline can vary. When joining the database, we’ll periodically email you when a portfolio property is going to be sold, or, when we see potential in a property on the open market. You can expect correspondence of this nature to be via email, though you are welcome to unsubscribe at any time or call us to update your preferences if your search criteria has changed. If you decide to work with a search agent, it is best to speak with them directly to understand the frequency of results.
I have seen a property for sale online, can you give me advice on whether it would be suitable?
If you’re already searching to find your holiday home, you’re welcome to send us the details so we can assess the property’s rental potential. If it looks promising, we’ll provide suggestions on how to maximise the appeal of the property for the rental market, along with an annual income projection (subject to any modifications needing to be carried out/required). We'll then arrange a visit, after which we'll be in a position to provide a full report, which will include further recommendations on any improvements that may be required as well as a bespoke tariff.
If I opt for the search agency option, how do they source a property?
The search agencies we work with have regional consultants throughout the UK providing local and specialised market knowledge. With extensive contacts in the industry, they will search for properties that are both pre-market and off-market. Should you decide to undertake a dedicated search with one of our recommended agents, you will also be kept abreast of any properties from within the Unique Homestays portfolio that might be available to purchase.
Do I need a minimum budget in order for you to assist?
If you wish to sign up to our database we suggest a minimum budget of £500,000. If you are looking in a specific area and have a budget in excess of £800,000, we can offer a dedicated and bespoke search working alongside property finding agents.
Can you help me with interior design and landscaping too?
Yes, we're also able to put you in touch with specialists spanning from solicitors to landscape gardeners and architects, as well as advise on the interior spend required in order to make sure your new home is unique.